Marital Matters

Personal stories about marital matters and separation issues.

June 20, 2010

flirting and ego building


Little Emma’s queen-like qualities gained her an adoring husband and a plum corporate entry level position shortly after graduating, and until she gains real authority at work she relies on her husband, Dave, to defer to her – building up her ego and providing her with the best of everything – and in return she boosts his ego by some good old-fashioned flirting with his friends.

"I really enjoy flirting,” says Emma. “It’s an art that more women should cultivate and Dave loves it when I flirt with his friends.”

“It makes him feel good to know that other guys desire me,” explains Emma. “And I like making Dave feel good. We’re a solid team, we take our marriage vows seriously and there’s no harm in flirting as far as we are concerned."

“Dave adores me, and this is the sort of love I need in order to shine,” explains Emma. “I would not be so confident about myself and the future had I not met Dave and married at such a young age.”

“Marrying Dave not only gave me a healthy second income to fall back on,” explains Emma, “but far more important than that is the adoration and support he gives me in everything I do, because I need it – I couldn’t cope with a husband who overshadowed me.”

“Dave says that outwardly I can be arrogant, dictatorial and sometimes insufferable - a typical Leo,” laughs Emma, “but he knows that inwardly I am seething with insecurity and need him to build up my ego.”

“As you can see, I am very small and because I resent being looked down upon I have always given anyone taller than I am a bad time,” explains Emma. “I don’t mind Dave being taller than me, though. Actually, I love it because it adds to my stature having a huge husband!”

“I guess all women like to have a husband taller than themselves,” says Emma, “but far more important for men, I think, is having a tiny wife whom their friends can envy, and if she is as good at flirting as I am – and can make every man fall in love with her – then that would be their dream wife.”

“Well, that’s how it worked out for Dave and me.”

Read more about Emma:


  • purring her way to the top
  • Pick their brains!
  • Leos and court jesters









  • Labels: , ,