Marital Matters

Personal stories about marital matters and separation issues.

February 23, 2008

vulnerability to guardian angels

Gemma is separated from a really mean and manipulative guy after a very short marriage – someone who took advantage of her emotionally and financially – and in admitting that her only aim in life is to be happily married with kids she knows she is vulnerable to ‘guardian angels’ (guys who pretend to care, but simply see her as easy prey.

"This time around I truly believe I have gained insight about my vulnerability," says Gemma, "and I don't think it's impossible for me to put the past behind me and move forward with someone new."

"If I tell a new guy about all the guys who've hurt me in the past - and particularly what my estranged husband did to me," explains Gemma, "I'll be exposing myself as an easy target for being screwed again, and I don’t want that.”

"When a relationship ended in the past I tended to pour my heart out to anyone who will listen," sighs Gemma, "and when I'm in this vulnerable state it's too easy to believe that any guy who really listens to me is special, a true guardian angel."

"I'm aware that a new guy who's especially interested in, and sympathetic to, all the ways in which my former guy screwed up my life is going to be particularly dangerous," says Gemma, “and this time around I am going to be very careful about getting involved with another emotional or financial crook posing as my guardian angel.”

"I'm not going to hide my failed marriage – treat it like a 'skeleton' in my closet, something I'm ashamed of,” says Gemma, “because everyone makes mistakes and the worst thing I can do going forward is to present myself as a victim.”

“If I am unlucky enough to meet another screwer, then it's going to be to his advantage to know what my strengths and weaknesses are,” says Gemma, “and while I intend to be truthful about my failed marriage I am certainly not going to expose myself by spilling the many ways in which my estranged husband screwed me emotionally or financially.”

“Confession may be good for the soul,” laughs Gemma, “but if I ever feel that low and vulnerable then I will confess to a priest or to someone with a long and unblemished track record for keeping confidences – not to someone new I hope to marry and have kids with.”

Read more about Gemma:




  • karmic connection guys
  • head for the bar, but zip lips!
  • be mysterious and survive


  • Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,